21. July 2015 20:28
Chiropractic care is an effective and safe medical treatment for seniors experiencing health issues related to the misalignment of the spine. With increasing age the spinal discs, joints, muscles and ligaments tend to get weaker and unable to withstand stress. Chiropractic care helps in restoring the balance of the spine and releasing muscle tension. Regular visits to the chiropractic center can assist the seniors in preventing a number of health problems and improve spinal health.
Here are some of the benefits of chiropractic care for seniors:
- Pain Relief: Chiropractic care is greatly beneficial for treating pain that occurs due to abnormalities in the spine and the surrounding tissues. The chiropractors identify and treat the misalignments and its effect on the nervous system.
- Increases Spine Health: With age the spine gets restricted and its range of motion decreases. Chiropractic care helps in treating the spinal abnormalities and increases its flexibility.
- Increases Coordination and Balance: Over time seniors experience various degenerative changes in their spine, which lead to decline in balance and coordination. The person may find it difficult to walk and get up due to impaired mechanoreceptors. Chiropractic care helps in increasing balance and coordination with minimum discomfort or pain.
- Eliminate The Need of Assisted Living: The elders who regularly attend chiropractic sessions tend to remain healthy and are able to take care of themselves. This eliminates the need to visit nursing homes or stay at assisted living facilities.
- Improve Mobility of Joints: Chiropractic care helps in aligning the spine and controls the degeneration of spine. It improves joint and muscle strength, thus promoting overall well-being of the senior.
- Reduce Risks of Falls: Some seniors have the tendency to fall and injure themselves, which can even lead to bone fractures. Chiropractic care improves flexibility, coordination, strength and mobility, which greatly help in preventing falls and injuries.
- Promotes Well-being: The chiropractic care helps the seniors lead a healthy life. They are able to sleep better and feel more energetic. This helps in improving the overall quality of life of the senior.
Besides treating various health issues, chiropractic care focuses on making seniors become more independent.
We, at Corrective Chiropractic & Wellness, provide healthcare services to seniors across Killeen, TX. To schedule an appointment with our chiropractors, you can call at (254) 698 – 1600.
14. July 2015 19:07
Electrical muscle stimulation is a chiropractic therapy involving the use of low frequency electrical impulses to stimulate and tighten up the muscles in the body. Electrical muscle stimulation incites the body to release the natural pain reliever hormones and endorphins in order to relieve soreness, decrease swelling and expedite recovery. When the electric current is delivered, the patient may feel a tingling or mild pins and needles sensation. The therapy is often administered to aid in the treatment of soft tissue injuries, ligament sprains, muscle strains and spasms.
Here are some of the benefits of electrical muscle stimulation:
- Reconditions Muscles: Electrical stimulation is majorly used to recondition the muscles that become stiff following an injury. The therapy aims at restoring the normal movement and rebuilding the basic strength of these muscles. It works by forcing the muscles to contract in a coordinated pattern so as to strengthen the link between their movements and the brain. It is specifically beneficial for athletes who are recovering from a sports related injury.
- Relieves Osteoarthritis Symptoms: People suffering from any type of Arthritis experience intense joint pain and have limited range of motion. Electrical muscle stimulation is an effective chiropractic therapy providing relief from pain and helping patients regain mobility in the affected joint. It also helps to strengthen the affected muscles and retard the degradation of joint tissues.
- Prevents Muscle Atrophy: Muscle Atrophy is a condition characterized by weakness and loss of movement in the muscles. It may be caused due to several medical problems such as stroke or neurological deficits, and can be very painful if not treated in time. Through electrical muscle stimulation, chiropractors aim at providing pain relief by slowing down or preventing the loss of muscle mass and retaining proper functioning of the weakened muscles.
- Pressure Sore Prevention: Pressure sores or bedsores are commonly seen in patients requiring continuous use of beds, wheelchairs or other supportive devices. This puts a constant pressure on certain parts of the body. Electrical muscle stimulation applied to the gluteus maximus muscle in the buttocks can help to reduce the risk of pressure sores in such patients. The therapy aims at maintaining proper buttock shape and preventing deformities, thus, lowering the chances of developing pressure sores.
We, at Corrective Chiropractic & Wellness, provide electrical stimulation therapy to the patients in Killeen, TX. To schedule an appointment with our chiropractors, you can call at (254) 698 – 1600 or visit the clinic at 560 E Central Texas Expy Suite 102, Harker Heights, TX 76548.
6. July 2015 16:30
Acupuncture is one of the oldest forms of therapeutic practice followed throughout the world. Having its roots in traditional Chinese Medicine, the minimally invasive therapy is mainly aimed at providing relief from acute or chronic pain. Acupuncture involves encouraging the body to stimulate its natural healing process and improve overall functioning.
How Does Acupuncture Work?
According to Chinese medical practitioners, all illnesses are a result of a blocking or imbalance in the supply of a life force, known as ‘qi’. This energy is believed to flow through regular pathways, or meridians, throughout the body. However, at times, the qi can be stuck in any of these meridians, which results in the development of a medical problem. Stress, poor dietary habits, overstrain, disease pathogens and other environmental conditions can block the energy. By inserting fine needles into certain points present along these meridians, the flow of qi can be rebalanced to restore a healthy state of body.
Health Benefits Of Acupuncture
- Treats Muscle And Joint Pain: Acupuncture has long been known to be an effective treatment option to cure muscle and joint pain. It helps to heal the root cause of the pain and reduce inflammation, reset neural pathways to prevent transmission of pain signals and increase oxygen supply to the injured tissues. Acupuncture can be used to treat many types of pain arising out of physical stress, improper sleeping postures, unhealed injuries, muscle tightness, pregnancy etc.
- Improves Muscle Relaxation: Muscle stiffness and limited range of motion due to excessive workout, improper postures or repetitive strain injuries can also be treated with acupuncture. It helps by treating the painful adhesions in the muscles, ligaments as well as surrounding tissues. Thus, the therapy boosts proper blood circulation, muscle relaxation and release of endorphins to control pain, improve mobility as well as functioning of the affected area.
- Strengthens Immune System: Certain acupuncture points are known to increase the white blood cells in body, thus increasing resistance to a wide range of health problems. It also helps to control the pores of the skin, thus, preventing the disease causing pathogens from entering into the body.
- Increases Metabolism: Acupuncture also increases the body’s metabolism and helps in burning undue calories, thus, helping you maintain a healthy weight. It stimulates the release of endorphins, which reduces the levels of lipids and insulin in the blood, thus, lowering the fat content in body.
Corrective Chiropractic & Wellness is a renowned clinic providing complete acupuncture services to the patients in Killeen, TX. To schedule an appointment with our acupuncturists, you can call at (254) 698 – 1600 or visit the clinic at 560 E. Central Texas Expressway, Suite 102, Harker Heights, TX 76548.
18. June 2015 16:00
A chiropractic adjustment, also known as spinal manipulation, is a specialized non-invasive procedure performed to treat a wide range of health conditions. It involves applying controlled and sudden pressure to a vertebral joint with the help of fingers or specific chiropractic equipment. The treatment aims at restoring structural alignment and overall physical functioning of the body.
Chiropractic adjustments are mainly based on three principles:
- The body has a natural ability to heal itself.
- All the components of the body’s structure (bones, nerves, ligaments etc.) are interconnected.
- Gently manipulating the spine helps to maintain body’s structure and function to further promote self-healing.
Benefits Of Chiropractic Adjustments
- Eliminate Pain: The body undergoes a lot of stress due to a physically demanding job, intense workout or rigorous daily routine. As a result, people usually suffer from various musculoskeletal dysfunctions that can cause severe pain, if not treated in time. Chiropractic adjustments are specifically targeted at eliminating stress from the core and providing complete relief from pain.
- Restore Joint Motion: As a chiropractor manipulates the spine, it relaxes the muscles, thus restoring the joints original range of motion. Chiropractic adjustments can help to reinstate functioning in the back, neck, shoulder, hips, knees and many other parts of the body.
- Better Body Functioning: Besides improving the musculoskeletal functioning, spinal adjustments also play a significant role in enhancing overall well-being. It helps to increase the flow of oxygen and blood, reduce muscle spasms, control the level of lactic acid and ensure balanced nutrients throughout the body to ensure a faster recovery.
- Relieve Stress: A chiropractic adjustment involves manipulating the spine, which is responsible for transmitting stress signals from the brain to various body parts. As a result, it relieves the associated symptoms of stress such as muscle tension, high blood pressure and sleeping issues while assisting your body in returning to a relaxed state.
- Improve Posture: Chiropractic adjustments help to address common postural issues such as tilting, hunchback, height differences, rounded shoulders, and incorrect stance. It works on the spine and aims at correcting the exact origin of pain.
We, at Corrective Chiropractic & Wellness, provide chiropractic adjustments to help patients lead a healthy and active life. For more information about our chiropractic services or to schedule an appointment, you can call at (254) 698 – 1600 or visit the clinic at 560 E. Central Texas Expressway, Suite 102, Harker Heights, TX 76548.
11. June 2015 16:10
Inter-Segmental Traction is a gentle and effective chiropractic therapy used to treat muscle spasms and other spine related problems. Any misalignment in the spinal joints obstructs the proper circulation of nutrients and can cause the discs to wear out or degenerate over time. When these spinal joints are manipulated in Inter-Segmental Traction, it improves circulation of fluids around the discs and allows the nutrients to enter into them. IST, Inter-Segmental Traction, increases and restores motion, elasticity and improves mobility in the spine. The therapy improves spine health and is suitable for people of all ages.
How Inter- Segmental Traction works?
Inter-Segmental Traction therapy is a painless and non-invasive treatment method for various spinal problems. It is delivered by a trained chiropractor on a special traction table. The table has vibrating rollers underneath its surface that continuously move up and down the spine, reducing muscle spasms and providing relaxation. The intensity of the rollers can be adjusted, depending upon the chiropractic condition and weight of the patient, so that the roller movement can stretch the spinal joint and relax the muscles. When this occurs, the spinal vertebrae can move normally and the discs are positioned to their original place. Inter-Segmental Therapy is even more effective when used in conjunction with chiropractic adjustments.
Benefits of Inter-Segmental Traction therapy
- The therapy restores the normal movement of the vertebrae
- It prevents the abnormal damage to the vertebral discs
- It prevents further injury of the disc
- The therapy is non-invasive and painless
- The gentle rolling action exercises the spine
- It reduces muscle spasms and spinal subluxations
- It increases blood circulation and oxygen flow to the disc, muscles and ligaments
- It improves the elasticity, strength, balance and mobility of the spine
- It reduces spinal muscle tension
- It prevents disc degeneration
- It accelerates recovery from back injuries or chronic back issues
- It reduces the development of Spinal Arthritis
We, at Corrective Chiropractic & Wellness, perform Inter-Segmental Traction therapy to increase mobility and reduce degeneration and thinning of discs. To schedule an appointment with our chiropractors, call at (254) 698- 1600 or visit 560 E. Central Texas Expressway, Suite 102 Harker Heights, TX 76548.
4. June 2015 17:49
Common cold and flu are viral infections that affect the respiratory system and spread through sneezing and coughing. Colds affect the nose and throat, whereas, flu affects the lungs. Patient suffering from cold and flu usually experiences sore throat, stuffy nose, sneezing, coughing, and swelling of sinuses, headaches, tiredness and fever. If you have flu you may suffer from chills, muscle aches and high fever.
Acupuncture is a popular alternative medicine that is extensively used for treating cold and flu. The Chinese medical practice helps in preventing the problem by boosting the immune system.
How Acupuncture works to prevent cold and flu
- Boosts immunity: Acupuncture works by strengthening the immune system of the body. It is believed that everyone has some inherited weaknesses that make him vulnerable to viral infections that can cause cold and flu. The Chinese alternative therapy boosts the immune system by invigorating the organs of the body with fresh fluids and blood, cleansing the system and boosting the body’s defensive barrier against foreign invaders. It helps relieve symptoms by activating the natural killer cells and reducing pain by releasing endorphins. Acupuncture also reduces inflammation by increasing circulation.
- Increases healing: Acupuncture is believed to increase healing and offer relief from the symptoms. Some sessions of treatment not only heal the symptoms but also slow down the progression of the infection.
- Balances Qi: Qi is the defensive energy that surrounds the body and protects it. Acupuncture aims at balancing the Qi energy and helps you resist cold and flu.
What Happens during Acupuncture Treatment
During Acupuncture treatment, extremely thin needles are inserted at various locations of the body including legs, arms and back. These needles are left in the body for nearly 30 minutes. The treatment does not cause much pain and make the patient feel relaxed. By visiting an acupuncturist regularly or at the time of season change, you can strengthen the immune system. By having treatment prior to the appearance of symptoms of cold, you can significantly reduce the chances of getting an infection or cold and flu.
The acupuncturists also recommend a balanced diet and certain lifestyle changes to have effective results and cure cold as well as flu. Acupuncture is a safe, drug free, natural treatment that regulates the body and promotes healing.
Corrective Chiropractic & Wellness provides comprehensive acupuncture services. To schedule an appointment, you can call at (254) 698 – 1600 or visit the clinic at 560 E. Central Texas Expressway, Suite 102, Harker Heights, TX 76548.
21. May 2015 13:24
Arthritis is a chronic degenerative condition causing pain and inflammation in one or many joints of the body. The term ‘Arthritis’ is used to denote various types of joint conditions such as Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Gout, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Fibromyalgia, and Rheumatism etc. The condition is more prone to people aged 65 years or more and can affect any joint of the body. It can be caused due to age related wear and tear in the joint cartilage, family history of Arthritis, abnormal metabolism, injury to the joint, infection, overactive immune system, repetitive physical activity that puts strain on the joint, obesity etc.
How Acupuncture Can Help?
Acupuncture involves inserting fine needles at particular points in your skin. The needles may be stimulated manually, by heat or by a small electrical current. Acupuncture relieves the primary symptoms of Arthritis by diverting the painful sensations sent to the brain from damaged tissues and by stimulating the body’s pain-relieving hormones.
Acupuncture relieves the pain associated with Arthritis in three different ways:
- It triggers the release of endorphins in the body that impedes the patient’s ability to feel pain.
- By working through the nervous system, acupuncture restricts the sensory nerve fibers to transmit pain signals to the brain.
- Acupuncture neutralizes trigger points. These are the reactive areas, commonly found near the Arthritic joints, which are responsible for chronic pain.
Acupuncture points for Arthritis are located throughout the body and not just around the affected joint. A typical acupuncture session may last from 5 to 30 minutes where fine needles are inserted along the patient’s arms, shoulder legs or toes. Besides pain, acupuncture can also help relive or control other symptoms of the two main forms of Arthritis, Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis, in the following way.
- Osteoarthritis: A gradual wearing and build of calcium in the joint cartilage, restricting its mobility, characterize the condition. Acupuncture, in this case, works by triggering the parathyroid glands to produce hormones that remove arthritic deposits from the bones.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: This condition is characterized by pain, swelling, warmth and redness in and around the arthritic joint. In order to provide relief to the patient, acupuncture triggers the adrenal glands to produce body’s natural steroid hormones that may reduce inflammation. It also works by inactivating the trigger points near the joints so that the patient does not feel any pain even after the inflammation has subsided.
We, at Corrective Chiropractic & Wellness, provide comprehensive acupuncture care for different types of Arthritis. To schedule an appointment with our acupuncturists, you can call at (254) 698 – 1600 or visit the clinic at 560 E. Central Texas Expressway, Suite 102, Harker Heights, TX 76548.
14. May 2015 20:10
Chiropractic care is important for the elderly due to the changes that occur in the spine with increasing age. The spinal discs, facet joints, ligaments, muscles and other spinal tissues become weaker, more fibrotic and less able to withstand normal stresses. Spinal pain is a significant musculoskeletal problem among older patients and chiropractic care can provide the much needed relief.
Benefits of chiropractic care in the elderly:
- Full range of motion: A misaligned spine and neck causes friction in the nerve endings, thus affecting the balance and co-ordination of the body. Chiropractic care helps in adjusting the spine, which enables full range of motion and increases mobility and flexibility in the body.
- Pain relief: Chiropractors are trained to pinpoint and treat misalignment in the vertebrae, which affects the central nervous system. They treat the abnormalities in the spine that causes severe pain in the elderly. Chiropractic care offers relief from pain, mild or chronic.
- Decrease in joint and tissue degeneration: A misaligned spinal cord does not function properly and thus, degenerates prematurely. Chiropractic care reduces the spinal stress, prevents early wearing out of the spine and the tissues around it. It helps in avoiding arthritic conditions in the elderly by bringing back the alignment of the spine to normal.
- Reduction in the risk of falling: Elderly people are more prone to falling due to spinal and nervous misalignment. Regular chiropractic care improves flexibility, movement, coordination and balance in the body. It normalizes the mechanoreceptors of the cervical spine, thus reducing the risk of falling in the elderly.
- Less requirement of assistance: Adults seeking regular chiropractic care are less prone to medical conditions such as Arthritis or Osteoporosis. They are inclined towards staying fit and being able to take care of themselves.
- Better health: Regular chiropractic care ensures a better quality of life, health and general well being of an elderly person.
- Curing insomnia: Due to many pain and aches it becomes difficult for the elderly to sleep. Relief from such problems with chiropractic care reduces insomnia and enables sound sleep.
- Better posture: Chiropractic care manipulates the spine and leads to better posture. It reduces muscle stiffness and helps in preventing certain medical disorders.
Chiropractic care, thus, helps to improve the quality of life and enables one to enjoy old age.
For effective chiropractic services for elderly, consult the chiropractors at Corrective Chiropractic & Wellness. To schedule an appointment, call at (254) 698 - 1600 or visit 560 E. Central Texas Expressway, Suite 102 Harker Heights, TX 76548.
7. May 2015 15:51
Chiropractic rehabilitation programs are designed to help the body heal quickly and lower the risk of injuries in the future. It involves the integration of multiple chiropractic therapies and exercises to target the underlying muscle imbalance and weakness in the body. Chiropractic rehabilitation assists in alleviating the underlying causes of pain in the body.
Corrective Chiropractic & Wellness clinic provides chiropractic rehabilitation services to the patients in Killeen, TX. The chiropractors at the clinic assist in healing and promoting health in the patients and devise individual treatment programs.
A chiropractic rehabilitation program at Corrective Chiropractic & Wellness mainly includes the following:
- Stretching Exercises: The chiropractors prescribe specialized stretching exercises to help the patients increase blood circulation to the affected area, improve joint flexibility and restore the normal range of motion.
- Strengthening Exercises: Chiropractic rehabilitation also involves strengthening exercises to regain the lost muscle strength. It not only helps to recover from injuries but also prevent them in future.
- Patient Education: The rehabilitation program lays special focus on educating the patients about the benefits of the exercises. The chiropractors design a tailored program to accommodate the individual needs of each patient considering their condition, preference and age.
Benefits Of Chiropractic Rehabilitation
- Effective Treatment For Sports Injuries: Chiropractic rehabilitation is an effective treatment option for a wide range of sports injuries of the musculoskeletal system. These injuries may occur while playing sports and can affect the joints in the body. Muscular adjustments bring back the joint to its normal alignment, allowing for correct movement and reducing the risk of potential problems.
- Improve Balance And Prevent Falls: Joint instability and muscle damage may result in unexpected falls and injuries. Chiropractic rehabilitation helps to strengthen the muscles and other connective tissues such as ligaments and tendons, to help patients lead a safe and pain free life. It also improves joint flexibility, posture and gait to prevent falls.
- Avoid Medication And Surgery: Chiropractic rehabilitation is a safe option to promote faster recovery from injuries. You can benefit from the stretching and strengthening exercises without any medications or surgery. It is a non-invasive technique to promote healing from injuries and muscle strength.
To know more about the chiropractic rehabilitation program offered at Corrective Chiropractic & Wellness, call at (254) 698 – 1600 or visit the clinic at 560 E. Central Texas Expressway, Suite 102, Harker Heights, TX 76548.
20. April 2015 13:44
Maintaining a good posture is very essential to maintain a healthy body. Posture affects each and every physiological function of the human body, right from hormone production to appropriate breathing. Many people have a distorted posture due to siting in front of the TV or computer screens for long hours. This can lead to forward head posture and drooping shoulders, which can cause back and shoulder pains.
Corrective Chiropractic & Wellness offers specialized posture correction services to assist people optimize the form and function of their bodies. Using a combination of posture exercises, chiropractic manipulations and tractioning procedures, they can help you attain as well as maintain the ideal posture.
Common posture problems treated at Corrective Chiropractic & Wellness include:
- Rounded Shoulders: This is a result of an uneven exercise routine and muscle imbalance. Over time, it leads to poor positioning of the shoulders and pain or stiffness in the neck.
- Hunchback: This is a common condition symptomized by an abnormal curvature of the upper back. Hunched back is usually seen in people who have poor sitting habits while working on computer.
- Pelvis Tilted Forward: This is associated with people who wear high heels, have excessive belly fat or are pregnant. Patients with this posture problem experience chronic pain in the lower back, leg weakness, improper blood circulation in lower extremities etc.
- Slouching In The Chair: The reason why most people sit slumped is due to weakness in the core muscles. It puts a lot of pressure on the ligaments, soft tissues and several other important structures in the lower back.
The chiropractors carefully analyze the spinal problems faced by the patient as well as the damage to the spine. This includes evaluating the spinal alignment and curvature, with a view to determine the contributing factors to the abnormal posture. Once these are identified, these can be corrected and the normal curvature of the spine can be restored. They perform spinal adjustments that gently move your vertebrae back into their original place and eliminate pressure from the muscles in your back, neck as well as shoulder.
For more information about the posture correction services offered by Corrective Chiropractic & Wellness, you can call at (254) 698 – 1600 or visit the clinic at 560 E. Central Texas Expressway, Suite 102, Harker Heights, TX 76548.