11. September 2014 18:47
For ages Chiropractic has been considered to be one of the most effective and non-invasive methods for treating a large variety of conditions and illnesses. Chiropractic is still practiced and performed by experts throughout the world. People have reported having received enormous benefits from chiropractic care particularly when it comes to conditions and injuries that affect the bones, cartilage, tendons, ligaments or muscle mass. Usually people seek chiropractic care for short term solutions like pain relief, relief from inflammation and restoration of range of motion but chiropractic care also has important long term health benefits. Those who have been under the purview of chiropractic care for years have always acknowledged that there are several long term health benefits to be had with Chiropractic care which serve to prolong life span, bring about an overall improvement in health and enhance the quality of life.
Here are a few important benefits of chiropractic care to consider
- Physical Fitness – People who have received chiropractic care for years have been seen to be more physically fit as they age. Chiropractic treatment focuses on the health of the spine and the nervous system. With these in good shape, all body movements remain supple and all joints and areas important for motion remain robust. As a result, you can enjoy years of physical fitness even beyond the usual capability of your age.
- Breathing – Good spine health is almost always reflected in the lungs. For people who receive long term chiropractic care, it has been observed that the lungs remain healthy for long. These patients have a significantly augmented lung capacity which enables them to breathe in and process larger volumes of air with every breath. This keeps the organs healthy and also dramatically reduces the risk of pulmonary diseases and heart related diseases in the future.
- Spinal Health Benefits – With the significant improvement in spinal health that regular chiropractic care brings about, people might also sense improvement in other parts of the body. Normally observed areas include improvements in vision, improvements in balance and maintaining balance and improvement in reaction time. Combined with marked improvement of cardiovascular health these benefits can be felt even years into old age and they improve the overall quality of life. Chiropractic care cuts down on the risk of injuries, accidents and illness related to age and boosts overall living.
With these benefits, long term chiropractic care is a sure solution for a number of health concerns.
4. September 2014 16:34
Enuresis, more commonly known as bedwetting, can be a potentially humiliating problem both for the children and the parents. Although many children are unable to control urination, it becomes a matter of concern when they have not learnt bladder control even after the age of five. The problem can be witnessed either during day or at the time of night.
Enuresis can be broadly divided as:
- Nocturnal enuresis: It is the most common type and includes an uncontrolled bladder during night time.
- Diurnal enuresis: It includes an uncontrolled bladder during day time.
- Mixed enuresis: It involves a blend of both the above types.
Also, enuresis can be classified into two more categories:
- Primary enuresis: refers to the children who have never attained bladder control since birth.
- Secondary enuresis: refers to those who, after having attained bladder control, have reverted to bedwetting due to some stressful or traumatic experience.
Unfortunately, there has not been any specifically defined cause of enuresis till date. However, it is implicit that abnormal alignment of spine that causes irritation to the nervous system can be a factor behind enuresis. Another cause of Enuresis can be the ‘phrenic reflex.’ During sleep the breathing process is held up until the CO2 levels in the body rise up to a certain level that can trigger a quick shake which is called as ‘phrenic reflex’. If this reflex is not working properly, high CO2 levels will cause the body muscles to relax and as the bladder muscles are relaxed, urine is released.
How Chiropractors can help?
Chiropractic treatment has been found to be very effective in helping children with Enuresis. It intends to get rid of the interference in the nerve that is hindering the communication between the bladder and the brain.
During your initial visit, your chiropractor would conduct a thorough examination of the child and infer if the problem is being caused due to subluxations in the nerve or your child is just slow in the development of phrenic reflex. Chiropractic treatment can help your child return to normal body functioning and reduce or even eliminate the problem of enuresis.
We, at Corrective Chiropractic and Wellness, provide complete treatment for enuresis. We strive to find out and treat the underlying the cause of the problem. You can call us at (254) 698-1600 for consultation.
19. August 2014 14:34
Tinnitus is a common medical condition that causes a person to experience ringing sound in the ears or head when there is no such noise present in the physical environment. Almost one out of five people have reported this problem at some point of time in their lives. It is important to understand that Tinnitus is not a disease in itself rather it is a symptom of some other underlying problem.
Some of the major causes of Tinnitus are:
- Exposure to loud noise: Staying in frequent contact with loud noises, such as music players and iPods or noises from heavy equipment like firearms and chain saw can lead to hearing loss and ultimately Tinnitus.
- Age Related Hearing Loss: After the age of 60 the hearing capacity tends to weaken and can also cause Tinnitus.
- Blockage of Earwax: Accumulation of too much ear wax in the ear causes irritation in the eardrum and result in Tinnitus.
- Changes in Ear Bone: Hardening of the middle ear bones can also cause Tinnitus and this condition is usually hereditary.
Apart from these, Tinnitus can also be caused by other disorders like Acoustic Neuroma, TMJ disorders, Meniere’s disease, neck and head tumors, high blood pressure and Atherosclerosis.
Tinnitus symptoms may include the sounds of intolerable sounds like ringing, roaring, buzzing, hissing and clicking in your ears. Tinnitus can be extreme and the sound may be present all day in the ear or it may come and go.
How Chiropractic Care Can Help
Taking the help of a chiropractor can really be of great help in curing Tinnitus. Chiropractic treatments are aimed at healing spinal disturbances which can cause problems in blood flow and damage the nerves thus causing Tinnitus. Chiropractic treatment heals the blood flow and can relieve you from the constant buzzing sound in the ears.
Research has proved that a properly balanced head can considerably reduce or stop the ringing sound in the ears. Some patients may feel relief after several adjustment sessions, however there are many who reported that the buzzing sound was manageable just after a single chiropractic session.
If you are also experiencing any of the symptoms of Tinnitus you should contact Corrective Chiropractic and Wellness. To schedule an appointment, please call at (254) 698-1600. You can also visit the clinic 716 Indian Trail, Suite 120 Harker Heights, TX 76548.
12. August 2014 13:39
Kyphosis is a medical term used for a hunched or round back. Chiropractors use a non-surgical approach for the treatment of Kyphosis and can help treat stiffness, pain and many other symptoms related with the condition. Generally, the first step in the treatment is to outline the causes of the abnormal appearance of middle back of which the most common cause is poor posture. However, it can also be a result of some disease, such as Scheuermann’s syndrome, and trauma.
With a view to diagnose Kyphosis the chiropractor conducts physical examination and enquires about the patient’s medical history. The chiropractic doctor may also ask to get certain tests done, such as an X-ray to get detailed information. The doctor may also use certain techniques like static and motion palpitation to understand tightness, tenderness and movement of spinal joints.
How can Chiropractic Care help?
Chiropractic care for Kyphosis can help reduce inflammation, maintain spine health, decrease muscle tremors, enhance spine motion by increasing muscular strength, hold back the process of deterioration in the back, lessen prolonged pain and heal the inter-vertebral discs.
Chiropractic techniques for Kyphosis
The chiropractor may use spinal adjustment or spinal manipulation for treating Kyphosis. There are multiple variations of this technique.
- Spinal specific manipulation- This helps the doctor to identify the joints that are showing abnormal movement and by using a gentle technique the chiropractor can promptly stretch soft tissues and arouse the nervous system to make the spine return to its normal motion.
- Instrument Assisted Manipulation- The chiropractor uses a portable instrument to lay force without prodding into the spine.
- Flexion Distraction Technique- It is a gentle technique for spinal manipulation for the people who have developed Kyphosis due to a progressive disc problem or motion constraint in the middle back.
The chiropractor may also sometimes use manual therapies to treat this condition. Some of them are:
- Trigger Point Massage- In this, the chiropractor puts direct but light pressure on the painful points to release tension.
- Joint resistance Manual technique- It can also help to reduce the symptoms of Kyphosis. Muscle energy therapy is an example of such technique.
- Instrument Assisted soft tissue therapy - This can help to heal any damaged tissues. Graston technique may be used in which repeated strokes are made with an instrument on the muscle injury.
Visit us at Corrective Chiropractic and Wellness to get complete treatment for Kyphosis. To schedule an appointment, you can us call at (254) 698-1600.
5. August 2014 13:34
Volleyball is a physically intensive sport that involves a lot of activity and physical contact. Athletes who play volleyball are required to be fit, active and flexible. Injuries are common to volleyball players and during the course of a career in volleyball an athlete might have to face different kinds of injuries resulting from on-field action or the rigorous practice schedule. While minor injuries might cost players weeks or months of field time, severe injuries can sometimes be career threatening. Prompt and effective chiropractic treatment for volleyball injuries enables players to regain their good health and fitness to rejoin their field duties in a short duration of time.
Volleyball typically requires physical activities like running, jumping, vigorous use of the hands and the prospect of physical contact from tackles and charges. There are a few different kinds of injuries that volleyball players typically get affected by which include:
- Strains and Sprains – The most common injuries suffered by volleyball players are strains and sprains. These are caused due to hyperextension of the limbs or a low level trauma. The extra tension on ligaments and tendons causes strains and sprains, which can cause recurring pain, loss of mobility, soreness and inflammation.
- Fractures – Fractures happen due to impact damage or trauma caused either due to hard tackles, collisions or as a result of falls from a height. However, players might also suffer cases of collarbone fracture, pelvic fracture or trauma to the spinal column.
- Dislocations – Dislocations are common in volleyball players, affecting mostly the shoulder joint or fingers. Overuse of the limbs and the requirement to use them for extended periods of time contribute to the risk factor when it comes to dislocations.
With different kinds of volleyball injuries, it has been found that chiropractic treatment can be of great help, bringing fast and steady recovery while assisting players to regain their fitness and active life. Chiropractors carry out a detailed and comprehensive physical examination to pinpoint the problems and the affected areas. Treatment commences in the form of chiropractic manipulation, which uses short thrusts and targeted movements to restore balance and alignment to the joints and the spinal column. With restored alignment the circulation improves and natural healing occurs. This allows the players to make a full recovery from their injuries in very little time and helps them get back to their on-field duties free of pain and discomfort.
21. July 2014 13:21
Overuse and repetitive strain to the joints, and tendons surrounding them can cause a majority of injuries to the elbow. One injury in the same category is Golfer's Elbow, which is also called Medial Epicondylitis and commonly occurs because of a golf swing. People, who play golf, chop wood with an ax, run a chain saw and use similar hand tools are more prone to it because of the stress the forearm is subjected to. People who suffer from Golfer's elbow usually feel pain on the inside of their elbow. Seeking professional help from a chiropractor can help in treating the pain to the elbow. Any delay can cause long term damage.
As a result of force applied to the muscles of the forearm because of strenuous motion, there is inflammation of tendons at their attachment site. If the movements are repeated frequently and no time is given to heal the pain, it results in injury.
The main symptom of Golfer’s Elbow is tenderness and swelling at a particular region of the elbow. This pain can gradually spread to the forearm and trying to bend the arm, twisting the forearm and even grasping objects can worsen the pain.
- Chiropractic Manipulation: It is also called reduction manipulation and helps to realign the elbow to its normal position. It usually takes about four to six weeks and applying pressure using fingers on the affected joints reduces inflammation and normalizes the nerve function. This treatment relieves the pain and corrects the underlying problem.
- Extremity Adjustments: These adjustments are often required to regain the mobility of the elbow structures. After assessing the adjustment required, specific adjustments are applied to facilitate recovery.
- Rehabilitation: These are strengthening exercises that help in recovery of the affected part from the injury. Tailored to each patient, a rehabilitation program is devised that focuses on returning the flexibility, strength and stability of the elbow.
Golfer's elbow can be avoided by warming up and stretching the muscles before starting the activity that causes it. For effective recovery from the injury a chiropractor's advice should always be followed. We, at Corrective Chiropractic and Wellness provide chiropractic treatment for Golfer's Elbow. You can schedule an appointment by calling us at (254) 698-1600 or you can visit our clinic at 716 Indian Trail, Suite 120 Harker Heights, TX 76548.
14. July 2014 13:16
Runners routinely put their legs to extensive use and are therefore susceptible to a number of different kinds of injuries. The knee joint is usually gets affected the most, due to the fact that it takes the brunt of the weight and needs to provide the most active support while running. One condition of the knee that runners frequently experience is the condition called runners knee. It is a condition where the kneecap or the patella becomes misaligned and moves towards the outer side of the knee, and eventually starts to rub against the lower femur bone. This can be an extremely painful condition which is also characterized by inflammation in the area. While the symptoms might not cause much inconvenience at the very outset, but as the condition worsens it becomes significantly painful to even take a few steps. Any physical activity involving the legs starts to become difficult and the inflammation increases markedly with time.
How Chiropractic Care Can Help
In these situations, chiropractic treatment is particularly efficient as it restores the balance and alignment of the affected joint and brings prompt relief. Runners’ knee can develop due to a variety of different causative factors and qualified chiropractors can accurately diagnose the root cause behind each particular case of runners’ knee. The right diagnosis is the first step towards the proper treatment and the eventual onset of relief from pain. The standard way that chiropractors diagnose runners’ knee patients is by going through their medical history and by administering a thorough physical exam. Your chiropractor might ask you about the kind of activities which have become painful recently. Any instance of injury or surgical procedures in the past also needs to be considered during the diagnosis.
Once the correct diagnosis has been reached, chiropractic treatment can commence. Treatment usually consists of using short-range movements and careful adjustments to restore balance and alignment to the affected joint. With chiropractic manipulation, alignment and stability are stored and the causative factors that led to the onset of runners’ knee can also be simultaneously treated. Any formation of scar tissue or any instance of tightness in muscles and ligaments can also be sorted out with the restoration of the right alignment in the affected joint. Accompanied by physical therapy and stretching exercises, chiropractic care can bring you effective relief from runners’ knee quickly and efficiently, and can significantly improve your lifestyle and make it free of pain and discomfort.
7. July 2014 19:03
Lower back pain is a pervasive condition that most adults suffer from sometime in their lives and chiropractic treatment is the most preferable treatment that they can opt for. It is a non-surgical and effective procedure of treating disorders and injuries of the nervous system and the musculoskeletal system. Chiropractic is a painless technique of returning motion to the spine, treat injuries to the back and improve posture and alignment of the back. Because of its treatment and cost effectiveness, chiropractic treatment has gained momentum over the years and has provided significant results.
Chiropractors use hands for spinal manipulation to align the vertebrae and can use alternative treatments as well. They apply pressure to the spine to align the vertebrae in proper position thus improving the structural integrity of the spine and reducing any pressure on the sensitive tissues that send pain signals across the tissues. There is no medication involved and physical therapy helps heal the spine more effectively.
Symptoms of lower back pain-
Lower back pain usually goes away in a week or two if minor, but if the symptoms like pain in hip, burning or tingling sensation in back, weakness in legs or feet persist for long then you must consult a professional.
Chiropractors take into account your entire medical history, lifestyle factors, current medications and perform physical examination like x-rays and diagnostic examinations to determine the type of treatment required.
Using core therapy, lower back pain can be treated in the following ways -
- Spinal Manipulation - It is a treatment that involves controlled and sudden force to a joint. It is applied mainly to restore the motion in the joints and relieve pressure from the nerves that help alleviate the pain.
- Mobilization - It involves the slow manipulation and stretching of the muscles and joints. The main goal in this treatment is to increase the range of motion within the area that has been immobilized because of restricted motion in the spine.
- Rehabilitation Exercises – Exercises that warm up the muscles around the spine are done in the presence of a chiropractor. These exercises enable the muscles to receive the treatment easily which help to strengthen the muscles and enable to hold the adjustment for a long time.
Chiropractic treatment helps to reduce the pain and exercises are also recommended to patients. By addressing the root problems connected to pain, chiropractics has emerged as the preferred treatment of back pain and associated disorders.
19. June 2014 20:32
Back pain can happen due to a lot of different factors, can be particularly unpleasant and even force you to put a hold on normal day to day life. Due to the immense variety of factors that cause back pain, deciding on its treatment proves to be a complicated process. There needs to be proper diagnosis and targeted treatment to get complete and lasting relief from back pain. A large number of people suffering from back pain have found the procedure of spinal decompression by chiropractic doctor to be particularly efficacious. With the help of this procedure thousands of people have been able to efficiently deal with their back pain problems and get back to normal life healthy and fit.
What Is Spinal Decompression
Often people with back pain find themselves having to resort to laborious and sometimes invasive forms of treatment in an attempt to cure their back pain. With spinal decompression they have a solution which is effective, non-invasive and does not require massive changes to lifestyle. Spinal decompression is a technique which has been found to be effective with a number of different causes of back pain. It involves systematics stretching of particular regions of the spinal column with the aim of relieving tension and stress on the vertebral discs. It is a nonsurgical and non-invasive form of treatment which has been found to be effective while dealing with different kinds of back pain.
The primary goal of spinal decompression is to relieve stress, bring down pain and create an environment which is ideal for a natural healing process. The gentle stretching of the spine at and near the affected areas creates negative pressure on the discs, in order to facilitate the repositioning of areas which are swollen or herniated. Also the negative pressure creates a kind of vacuum and aids the smooth flow of nutrients and healing chemicals into the region.
Chiropractors usually use special equipment to perform spinal decompression. A specially made traction table makes it easy to effectively stretch different areas of the spine thus promoting healing and pain relief. Spinal decompression has been found to be beneficial in a number of different scenarios including pain in the upper back, pain in the neck, pain in the lower back, protruding discs, herniated discs, sciatica and degenerative disc syndrome, to name a few. The relief brought about is lasting and restores full functionality and health to people and enables them to resume normal life which is free from pain.
11. June 2014 19:39
ADHD or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is one of the most commonly found behavioral disorders in children and young adults. It is a serious disorder which makes life difficult for children and their parents and needs a properly constructed treatment regime for successful recovery. The exact causes behind ADHD are not clearly known which makes treating it a rather difficult and complicated matter. With no known cause and no sure way to diagnose the contributory factors, parents might often find that cases of ADHD are hard to cope with. One line of treatment which has been found to be particularly efficacious in cases of ADHD is chiropractic care. With proper chiropractic treatment, a number of people affected by this serious disorder have been able to get back to their normal lives without the recurrence of symptoms.
ADHD and Its Symptoms
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD manifests itself with a number of unusual and highly problematic personality traits which make life difficult for the person affected and for other members of the family as well. Often the people who face the majority of the trauma are the parents of the patient. The usual symptoms associated with this problem are a remarkable drop in attention span, behavior which is impulsive and irrational, development of strange obsessions and periods of extreme hyperactivity. Although the exact causes are unknown, it is believed that problems in the neck and spine can cause bodily imbalance or put specific nerves under stress, which might be a major contributory factor behind ADHD.
How Chiropractic Care can help
It has been seen in a large number of cases that chiropractic treatment has had a positive effect on people affected by ADHD. Chiropractors attempt to restore balance to the spine by making minor adjustments to its alignment and this has proven to cause ADHD symptoms to lessen and in time heal completely. With chiropractic adjustment alignment is restored to the neck and spine, and the nerves in the region can be freed from strain, thus returned to their full functionality. This helps the brain communicate better with the various parts of the body and relieve a number of significant ADHD symptoms. Many families have able to bring a marked relief to their children by making use of chiropractic treatment. Skilled practitioners of chiropractic also help patients manage stress, cope with behavior issues and improve focus and concentration and is one of the best ways to achieve recovery.